Looking for the geekiest gear for teens headed back to school? Pop Insider Editor-in-Chief Ali Mierzejewski stopped by ABC World News Now to show off some of the most fun back-to-school fashions from teens’ favorite fandoms. For more on the products featured in this segment, check out the product notes below.
HARRY POTTER AND X-MEN BACKPACKS (LOUNGEFLY)
- Take your fandom on-the-go and to school with Loungefly’s backpacks.
- Pop culture themes include Harry Potter and X-Men.
- MSRP: Marvel X-Men Chibi Print Backpack — $43.99; Harry Potter Denim Backpack — $65
- Available: Marvel X-Men Chibi Print Backpack — Barnes & Noble; Harry Potter Denim Backpack — Loungefly.com.
PLANNERS AND NOTEBOOKS (INSIGHTS EDITION)
- Rep your fandom at school or work with Insights Editions’ pop culture-themed planners and notebooks.
- The line includes collections based on movie staples and hit TV shows, including Harry Potter, Mean Girls, Game of Thrones, and The Handmaid’s Tale.
- The journals feature designs inspired by iconic graphics and memorable quotes from the movies and shows and include 192 ruled pages of high-quality paper, an elastic band, a ribbon marker, and a back pocket for storing keepsakes and mementos.
- The weekly planners show one week per spread with plenty of room to track and record homework reminders, test dates, study sessions, and more.
- The planners feature vibrant graphics and imagery from the films throughout and include a sheet of sticker tabs, a ribbon marker, an elastic enclosure, and a pocket for storing keepsakes and mementos.
- MSRP: Journals — $18.95; Weekly Planners — $21.99
- Available: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Indie Bound, Insight Editions.com; Mean Girls: The Burn Book Hardcover Ruled Journal — pre-order August 6 on Amazon
HARRY POTTER APOTHECARY WATER BOTTLE, HARRY POTTER TROUBLE WATER BOTTLE, FRIENDS CENTRAL PERK TRAVEL MUG (PALADONE)
- You’re going to need to stay hydrated during the con!
- The Apothecary in the north side of Diagon Alley offers all sorts of ingredients to make Polyjuice Potion or the Cure for Boils – but you can just fill this Harry Potter bottle with water. Features a screw top lid and flip-up spout!
- If trouble has a habit of finding you, make sure you at least stay alert and hydrated with this Trouble Water Bottle, featuring Harry Potters famous quote from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Whether you’re on a busy train, a crowded bus, or at your desk at work, transport yourself to your favorite fictional coffee shop with this Friends Central Perk Travel Mug.
- MSRP: $12-16
- Available: BoxLunch, Amazon, Walmart
HIP DOT SPONGEBOB MAKEUP COLLECTION (HIPDOT STUDIOS)
- The HipDot Studios SpongeBob line will offer premium beauty products inspired by characters that play on the iconic colors of the show.
- The HipDot x SpongeBob collection will include an eyeshadow palette, a blush bronzer, lip glosses, and sheet masks that are inspired by the show’s characters, color schemes, and personalities.
- The palette features a range of vibrant hues in matte, shimmer, and metallic finishes that are perfect for creating those bold, bright summertime looks.
- The eyeshadow palette includes shades like “Bikini Bottom Blue,” a light blue metallic, “Wumbo,” a cotton candy pink matte, and “Jumpin’ Jellyfish,” a peachy pink shimmer.
- A lipstick shade will be a “Coral No. 5” like the shade SpongeBob wears in one episode.
- MSRP: $12-30
- Available: hipdot.com
PIKACHU HI-TOP SNEAKERS (GROUNDUP)
- You might not need to do 100,000 steps this hour, you can still get some electricity when you walk with these Pikachu hi-top sneakers.
- Each polyurethane sneaker features a debossed Pikachu on the side and Pikachu tail-print lining.
- Size: 6-12
- MSRP: $39.90
- Available: Hot Topic
- MimoPowerDeck is Mimoco’s top of the line portable power bank with dual outputs and 8000mAh capacity.
- MimoPowerDeck can charge even the most power hungry of smartphones, tablets, and other 5V devices.
- A power button, dual USB output, pass-through charging, and 4 LED charge indicators make this portable charger easy to use and love.
- Rep your love for Nintendo with any of these power decks, which come in several themes including the retro NES Controller, Legend of Zelda, and Super Mario Bros.
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: Amazon, entertainmentearth.com, and mimoco.com