Perhaps one of the weirdest side-effects of the coronavirus pandemic is that celebrities literally have nothing to do besides video chat with their past costars. Think about it, even Ariana Grande had literally no way to escape the Victorious cast. What was she supposed to do — say she was busy?
Celebrities from a huge range of shows and movies are reconnecting online, often to raise money for charity and to bring fans some much-wanted content. Parks and Recreation stands alone as the only show to bring the cast back in-character (and also make me tear up a little bit) but there’s a huge list of actors who have done table reads or just gathered for a chat. Check it out below!
The Doctors Met for an Online Panel
This is not a drill! Something spacey-wacey and timey-wimey can be thanked for the first-ever meeting of the Doctors. Jodie Whittaker, Matt Smith, and David Tennant took time out of saving the world to talk about the timeless warmth of Doctor Who.
View this post on Instagram
Some fun for you this Monday! Hope you guys have fun watching this! We could not stop laughing reading lines from tween us…this is the first time we were all "together-ish" in almost 18 years! This week marks the 19th anniversary of this episode 'Between a Rock and a Bra Place!' Do excuse our delayed singing…we will be taking singing lessons as a group to work on our craft!! @sirjakethomas Adam Lamberg @thelalaine @therobertcarradine @hallietodd Ashlie Brillault @davidabwilliams @kjdownes @slackmistress @jeremybargiel @bobthomasknox @tracey_chitupatham
Hey now, hey now *this* is what dreams are made of.
John Krasinski gathered his former coworkers to recreate the famous wedding dance for one lucky couple’s quarantined wedding.
I told you, they got Ari!
Back to the Future
Travel to the past in the future in the present. No Delorean necessary.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Will Smith took to Snapchat to deliver fans this tear-jerking reunion. The format on YouTube is a little off, but that doesn’t take away from the cast rewatching old scenes and tributing James Avery, the actor who played Uncle Phil.
Troy and Abed in the morning! And also every second of the day because I keep rewatching this.
OK, yes, Donald Glover finds out he’s too successful to be in the group chat, but the cast of the goofiest show ever revisits some memories and jokes along the way. As a warning, you will have to revisit some past trauma when Glover leaves the show too early.
Josh Gad for President. He’s bringing back all the ’80s stars for some reason and I am here for it.
The Most Slytherin Father & Son
It’s not quite the Harry Potter reunion you’ve been hoping for — but it was so beautiful. Jason Issacs (Lucius Malfoy) invited Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) onto his Instagram to have a fatherly chat.
Miley Cyrus has been virtually visiting a ton of celebrities lately, and at the top of the list is her Hannah Montana co-star Emily Osment. The two mostly just talk about rescuing dogs, but there is some reflection on their time as tween-idols.
Tatiana Maslany reprises *all* her roles as Sarah Manning, Alison Hendrix, Cosima Niehaus, and Helena in this table read of two episodes of Orphan Black to raise money for CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Centers and Sistering 24 Hour Drop-In.
High School Musical
We’re all in this together — except for Zac Efron, apparently. Sources say he had to go his own way, or he just had crappy Wifi.
The entire cast of the Broadway-hit Hamilton gathered to surprise a little girl (and all of us) with a reprise of the song “Alexander Hamilton” — and I only cried a little bit.
— Nickelodeon (@Nickelodeon) May 3, 2020
It wasn’t a full-fledged assemble but it was pretty dang close.
90210 stars reunite 10 years after wrapping up filming the dramatic series’ spin-off film — and they all somehow look exactly the same.
Fran Drescher and the rest of the cast of the 90’s sitcom gathered to do a table read and make us feel way older than we thought.
- Pretty Little Liars: If I dwell on this one too long I’m going to start asking questions again about how these 30-year-old teenagers were able to wear heels (and sleeveless shirts) to school every day. The cast reunited to raise money for Feeding America but fans had to buy tickets to the event, so all we really know is that they apparently teased a movie and so many of the actresses have adorable kids now.
- Boy Meets World: Six of the cast members will reunite today at 2 p.m. ET on New York City Comic Con’s Facebook page for a rewatch of a classic episode. After that, fans can catch a 45-minute Q&A with the actors for $7.98 — $5.99 of which will benefit the charity DonorsChoose. Find more info here!
- The Muppets: Fans were meant to register before this livestreamed Jim Henson tribute took place — but no fear, you can still watch it! Head here to watch famous muppet performers (the voices behind Miss Piggie and The Great Gonzo for example).
- TMNT: Find the info here!
- The Spongebob SquarePants team is reuniting virtually — and I’m ready. Find more info on our sister site the Toy Insider.
- Teen Wolf: The pack is back on June 5, according to Tyler Posey himself. UPDATE: To stand with Black Lives Matter during the protest the reunion was postponed to June 26. Watch it here.