Star Wars Day may be more than a week away, but there are still plenty of updates from a galaxy far, far, away to get fans excited. Take a break from your quarantine Star Wars binge — you’ll want to hear this!
This morning, Disney released a trailer and poster for its recently announced docuseries, Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, which will stream on Disney+ and — appropriately — debut on May 4. The eight-episode series goes behind the scenes of The Mandalorian and, if the trailer is any indication, it will be packed with Star Wars magic, trivia about the popular live-action series, and lots of Baby Yoda.
The 2-minute trailer shows footage from both filming the show and from a round-table discussion with those who helped produce the first season. Fans will notice some familiar faces at the table, including Jon Favreau, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Taika Waititi.
Check out the trailer below to get even more excited about the upcoming series and to find out which Star Wars: A New Hope set pieces the team repurposed to build IG-11.
A Female-Centric Star Wars Series Is Headed to Disney+
Yesterday, Variety revealed that another Star Wars series is in the works for Disney+. There aren’t many details available yet, but Leslye Headland — the co-creator, showrunner, and executive producer of Netflix’s Russian Doll — is helming the project as writer and showrunner.
According to Variety, the show will be live-action, is female-centric, and takes place in a new part of the Star Wars timeline. This is the third live-action Star Wars series in the works for Disney+, joining the Obi-Wan Kenobi series starring Ewan McGregor and the Rogue One prequel series starring Diego Luna.
Star Wars Artists Pay Tribute to COVID-19 Heros
The Star Wars universe is full of heroes, from Jedi Knights to fearless rebel pilots. But the artists at Industrial Light & Magic (the visual effects house for Lucasfilm) are honoring the heroes of our current global health crisis with a new series of illustrations and paintings.
Called “Heroes of the Pandemic: ILM Art Jam,” the series blends elements of and characters from Star Wars with workers who are at the front lines of COVID-19. This includes grocery store workers, teachers, farmers, hospital workers, and many more. Check out the full collection of images here.
- Her Universe released a new Clone Wars-inspired apparel collection that will add force and fashion to your quarantine workouts.
- Next month, you can build your own A-wing Starfighter. It’s the latest offering in the LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Series.
- Obsessed with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order? Us too. Check out our recent Q&A with Elizabeth Grullón, who voiced The Second Sister in the popular video game.
- ICYMI, The Mandalorian is already getting ready for its third season. More Baby Yoda!
- If you want to shake up your millionth Zoom call this week, try one of these Star Wars backgrounds. Checking in with your team (or family) from the Death Star control room is a major power move.
Photos: Disney, ILM