Dark times are upon the crew of the Colossus in the trailer for the second and final season of Star Wars Resistance, the Emmy Award-winning series from creator Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).
The new season picks up the timeline during the events of Rian Johnson‘s The Last Jedi leading up to J.J. Abrams‘ The Rise of Skywalker, as Kaz (voiced by Christopher Sean) and the team continue to battle the First Order as other star systems continue to fall, just as they did under the Empire. Agent Tierny (Sumalee Montano) and Commander Pyre (Liam McIntyre) continue their pursuit of the growing Resistance, which runs into new danger, including some familiar bounty hunters (a Guavian Enforcer! Sidon Ithano aka the Crimson Corsair!), a Hutt, and General Hux and newly minted Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Is that a “Matt the Radar Technician” homage at 2:09 in the new trailer below?
The Russo Brothers Love Star Wars 3,000
Marvel Studios‘ Avengers Endgame is out on Blu-ray this week, and as directors Joe and Anthony Russo make the promotional rounds, their travels found them a spot on the couch for this week’s episode of The Star Wars Show. The Russo brothers make it very clear that The Empire Strikes Back has been a huge influence on them, but the brothers differ when it comes to favorite characters. Anthony cites Han Solo as his favorite, while Joe fancies himself a Boba Fett man.
It’s also interesting to note that the Russos say that Marvel chief Kevin Feige backed the barge. In fact, they claim he bought several of the massive toys — The Khettana (Jabba the Hutt’s Sail Barge) — funded through Hasbro’s HasLab crowdfunding platform, just to make sure that the project would actually happen. We’ll have to find out how many barges he bought.
Hasbro’s SDCC Exclusives Return!
If you weren’t at Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC), your shot at grabbing Hasbro‘s Star Wars exclusives is coming. The crew at Hasbro recently hit us with a set of the three items (pictured below) that will be available on Hasbro Pulse. The 6-inch Kenner Boba Fett (the first figure to bear The Empire Strikes Back 40th anniversary logo), the 6-inch Black Series Sith Trooper (the first figure from The Rise of Skywalker), and the 3.74-inch Vintage Collection Luke Skywalker Jedi Destiny Set will be available for Hasbro Pulse Premium Members on Sept. 9 as an Early Access perk. The general public can order beginning on Sept. 10, while supplies last.
The 3.75-inch Retro Prototype Darth Vader may be a little harder to come by. Sold at the Entertainment Earth booth at SDCC, the figure hit target.com on July 21 and then went on sale at Target stores on Aug. 2. They’re already lighting up the secondary channels, with no word on additional shipments.
- If you want the 6-inch Black Series Sith Trooper but not the SDCC version, you can be among the first to purchase it if you’re attending the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, later this month. Otherwise, you can snag it beginning on Sept. 4 on Hasbro Pulse, or just wait for it to hit stores on Triple Force Friday on Oct. 4.
- Sith Sunday? It’s not officially called that, but a range of Sith Trooper merchandise will see an early release on Sept. 1.
- Star Wars x Barbie is an unexpected collaboration between Mattel and Lucasfilm. See the collection here.
- The novel Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — Black Spire is out on Aug. 27, and the official site has an exclusive excerpt.
- Want to go down a historic rabbit hole? Lucasfilm’s Phil Szostak is busting Star Wars myths over on twitter.
The Pop Insider’s Transmissions from a Galaxy Far, Far Away is our regular column focusing on everything Force-related. For more adventures in the Outer Rim, click here!
Top Photo: Lucasfilm Ltd./Disney Channel