With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker now more than a month behind us, the focus is shifting to what’s next for Star Wars fandom, and that means some fresh content from the Lucasfilm team and the official site. The Star Wars Show returned from winter break with news that the Emmy-winning series will be pulling back from its weekly schedule in order to deliver longer, more in-depth episodes on a monthly basis. The Star Wars Show will air on the last Wednesday of every month via the official site and the Star Wars YouTube channel.
In the first episode of the year, hosts Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni check out some screen-used props from The Rise of Skywalker, a roundtable discussion looking back at Star Wars in 2019 takes place, and Carboni sits down with Stranger Things‘ Gaten Matarazzo to talk about all things from a galaxy far, far away.
This Week in Star Wars Debuts
With the change in format to The Star Wars Show, the weekly news is now its own show. This Week In Star Wars airs Thursdays. via the official site and the Star Wars YouTube channel. Starwars.com’s Associate Editor Kristin Baver hosts the look at all the happenings for the week.
The Child Gets the Sideshow Treatment
Sideshow Collectibles is likely receiving a lot of orders this week from people who have never purchased a high-end collectible from them before. This fall, Sideshow will release a life-size, 16.5-inch version of The Child, the precious little creature that the internet has dubbed “Baby Yoda.” The $350 figure is detailed to look just like the character from The Mandalorian, and even includes a Razor Crest shifter knob in his right hand.
- If you like to tell the time in style, this is the way. Meister Watches has released a titanium watch inspired by The Mandalorian.
- Some old bull …? George Lucas’ canceled attempt at a live-action Star Wars TV series is back in the news with some old video that is circulating again. What may or may not be test footage for 2010’s Star Wars Underworld surfaced on YouTube after living on the Stargate Studios Vimeo channel for nearly nine years. After the footage went viral this week, oddly enough, the original links on Vimeo went dead.
- If you’re up for a Star Wars adventure in the middle of the ocean, the Disney Cruise Line is relaunching Star Wars Day at Sea next year!
- Do you have $26 million laying around? If so, you could become the new owner of an incredible Star Wars collection … and the Los Angeles mansion that houses it.
- Project Luminous, the Star Wars publishing project announced at New York Comic Con (NYCC) last year, might debut on Feb. 24.
Photos: Sideshow Collectibles