Mirroring the launch of the first Force Friday ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015, this Thursday, Sept. 26, at 2 p.m. ET, the Star Wars YouTube channel will host a livestream event that will kick-off a week-long countdown to Triple Force Friday (Oct. 4), when new products inspired by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorian, and the forthcoming video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will hit stores.
Actor Warwick Davis, best-known as Ewok Wicket W. Warrick from Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi, will host the livestream from Pinewood Studios in London. Among the cast members taking part in live and pre-taped unboxings and reveals are Daisy Ridley (Rey); John Boyega (Finn); Oscar Isaac (Poe); Anthony Daniels (C-3PO); Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian); Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca); Keri Russell (Zorii Bliss); Naomi Ackie (Jannah); Kelly Marie Tran (Rose); Pedro Pascal (The Mandalorian); Gina Carano (Cara Dune in The Mandalorian), and Cameron Monaghan (Cal Kestis in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order).
The livestream will also host the global debut of a new trailer for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order along with “other special surprises from across the Star Wars galaxy.” In the U.S., influencers and fans will gather at Lucasfilm HQ in San Francisco for a special viewing event.
Retail Activations for Triple Force Friday:
- Select major retailers around the world will open at midnight on Oct. 4;
- Flagship Disney Stores in the U.S. will open at midnight on Oct. 4;
- Special events at Target in the U.S.;
- Special events at Toys “R” Us Canada;
- Limited edition and “first edition” product releases;
- Limited edition product on the Amazon Treasure Truck in select cities;
- Midnight shopping at World of Disney at Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida;
- Midnight shopping at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California;
- The LEGO Store at Disney Springs will also open at midnight for an event with Star Wars-themed food and beverage offerings and a LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon Master Build Event taking place throughout the weekend.
Triple Force Friday product unveils will include toys, apparel, accessories, books, gaming, tech, and home goods. Lucasfilm promises more products to be released in the months ahead, as the marketing for the film ramps up and new characters and plot points are revealed.