There are already so many ways to enjoy the Marvel universe, from comic books and video games, to shows and movies. Now, thanks to Aconyte — a publishing subsidiary of Asmodee Entertainment — there are novels on the way, starring some of your favorite Marvel heroes and villains.
Yesterday, Aconyte revealed four series of Marvel novels that it will start publishing this fall, along with the first titles in each. The themes are:
- Legends of Asgard: These novels are set in the realm of Asgard and are packed with Norse-inspired mythology.
- Marvel Heroines: These tales will feature some of Marvel’s beloved female characters, some of who are just coming to understand their powers.
- Xavier’s Institute: Follow the adventures of young mutants at the New Charles Xavier School for Mutants.
- Marvel Untold: Things get a bit more obscure in these novels, which will round up villains, heroes, and more from the corners of the Marvel Universe. Some will look at famous confrontations from a different perspective, while others will explore a new piece of a character’s backstory.
There are five new titles included in the first wave of Aconyte Marvel novels — two “Legends of Asgard” tales, and one from each of the other categories.
Check out details for each below, and visit aconytebooks.com for more information (and to keep an eye out for the cover art release)!
- Domino: Strays by Tristan Palmgren — a Marvel Heroines story — follows the mercenary Domino as she takes on both a dangerous cult and her own dark past. It is one of the first two books to publish, on Oct. 6.
- The Head of Mimir by Richard Lee Byers — a Legends of Asgard story — tells the tale of a young Heimdall as he takes on a mighty quest to save Odin and all of Asgard. It will also be available on Oct. 6.
- Liberty & Justice for All by Carrie Harris — an Xavier’s Institute story — will follow two students, Triage and Tempus, who pick up an SOS message during their first solo flying mission. This title will publish on Nov. 3
- The Harrowing of Doom by David Annandale — a Marvel Untold story — follows the notorious Doctor Victor von Doom as he tries to rescue his mother’s soul from the clutches of hell. This villainous novel will be available on Dec. 1.
- Finally, The Sword of Surtur by C L Werner — another Legends of Asgard story — features Tyr, the God of War and elder brother of Thor, who embarks on a quest to seal his place at Odin’s side. It will also be available on Dec. 1.
Each book will retail for $9.95 (ebook) or $16.95 (paperback). Preorders will be available soon, as will audiobook versions of each title.