Great Scott! It’s Oct. 21, do you know what this means?!
It’s Back to the Future Day, the annual holiday that celebrates the day that Marty McFly traveled back in time!
This year, Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment are going BIG to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the franchise with the new 4K Ultra HD release of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy, fan-created content on Tongal, and a fresh assortment of toys, collectibles, and accessories from licensees including Playmobil, Mattel, Hasbro, Funko, Jada Toys, Super7, NECA, and others. The promotion is anchored with a dedicated Amazon storefront with exclusive products spread across retail partners including Walmart, Target, and more.
“Very few franchises in Hollywood history have shown the kind of staying power of Back to the Future,” says Bob Gale, co-writer, co-producer, and co-creator of the trilogy. “To be celebrating 35 years of this iconic film series— through incredible product collections and fan-created content from around the world — is truly a testament to the heart of the film itself. Yes, it’s a sci-fi adventure, but it’s also about family and the fans’ emotional connection to the characters – which is something everyone can relate to, no matter what generation or time-traveling decade you’re from.”
Some highlights of the new toys and collectibles being offered can be viewed below.
Amazon’s dedicated Back to the Future storefront, includes exclusive products that will be on-sale beginning at 12 p.m. ET today while supplies last. Consumers can check out using smile.amazon.com/backtothefuture and select the “Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research” as their charity choice to benefit Fox’s organization. Exclusive items are limit one per customer.
- Mattel: Hot Wheels 1:64-scale Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine; Back to the Future Hoverboard set (Exclusive)
- Loungefly: Back to the Future 4-Pin set; Backpack; and DeLorean moveable pin (Exclusive)
- Jada Toys: 1:32-scale Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine in special packaging (Exclusive)
- Super 7: Back to the Future II Griff Tannen Alternate Card Back Exclusive ReAction Figure (Exclusive)
- Factory Entertainment: Back to the Future II Pitbull Bottle Opener; Keychain + Pin Set
- Playmobil Back to the Future Advent Calendar
- Fifth Sun Back to the Future T-shirts
- Back to The Future Soundtrack on Orange Vinyl (Exclusive)
- Funko Boxed Tee + POP! Figure: Back to the Future – Marty McFly with Hoverboard (In-store exclusive)
- Funko Boxed Tee: Back to the Future – Doc Brown Comic (Exclusive)
- Funko POP! & Buddy: Back to the Future Doc with Einstein (Exclusive)
- Funko Back to the Future Enamel Pin Set; Lunch Box; and Mini Backpack (Exclusive)
- Ravensburger Back to the Future: Dice Through Time game (Exclusive)
- Funko Back to the Future 35th Anniversary Lunch Box (In-store exclusive)
- NECA Back to the Future Ultimate Tales from Space Marty action figure (Exclusive)
- NECA Life-Size Plush Hoverboard (Exclusive)
- NECA RC DeLorean Time Machine (Exclusive)
- Cardinal Blockbuster Back to the Future II Puzzle (Exclusive)
ADDITIONAL NEW PRODUCTS
- Funko Pop! Blitz mobile game: Starting Nov. 11, Back to the Future will be featured as the special in-game event of the week, and players will be able to collect their favorite Back to the Future characters, such as Marty McFly and Doc Brown.
- Hasbro Transformers x Back to the Future Gigawatt Action Figure + IDW comic book series
- Scalextric Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine slot car
- Funkoverse: Back to the Future game and Back to the Future: Back in Time game
- Hallmark Back to the Future Marty McFly Ornament with Sound and DeLorean Time Machine
- Insight Editions: Back to the Future: Telling Time with Marty McFly board book; Back to the Future: The Official Hill Valley Cookbook; Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
The Pop Insider participates in affiliate programs that may generate revenue for the site when a purchase is made through the links above.