The immersive pop-up museum, the Batman Experience, will hold the largest collection of Batman-related props, costumes, and vehicles at the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park. The exhibit will be free to the public — no SDCC badge is required for entry — and will be open beginning at 10 a.m. on Thursday, July 18 through Sunday, July 21.
For those attending the Gathering to induct Batman into the Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame, a special sneak peek at the exhibition will be open that Wednesday at 5 p.m.
Other elements at this one-of-a-kind exhibit include:
- A Dark Knight Dive virtual reality skydiving experience in Gotham City;
- A Batcave gaming lounge featuring Batman video and arcade games;
- Rare pieces of DC comic book art and large-scale film and TV props, including Michael Keaton’s Batmobile and Batsuit;
- The WHAAM! KABOOM! POW! Rogue Gallery Rumble interactive punching bag experience; and
- A 6-foot, life-size version of the 100th statue in the Batman Black and White collection. Designed by Todd McFarlane, the new statue will be along with the 99 other Batman collectibles in the line.
Photo: DC Comics