If you’ve ever wanted to drive like Ace Ventura, you shouldn’t: You’d probably be seriously injured — or killed.
If you can bring yourself to settle for owning a car like Ace, there are safer options on the way, as vehicles from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) and Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995) are headed to the die-cast aisle.
Thanks to a freshly inked deal between GreenLight Collectibles and Morgan Creek Productions, collectors will soon be able to own vehicles inspired by the adventures of the greatest animal detective — including his beat-up 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (pictured top), famously piloted by an out-the-window Jim Carrey.
The initial lineup for the Ace Ventura film-inspired vehicles includes:
- A 1:64 scale 1976 Jeep CJ-7 from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995);
- A 1:64 scale 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994);
- A 1:43 scale 1961 Land-Rover 88” Series IIa Station Wagon from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995);
- A 1:43 scale 1968 Land-Rover 88” Series IIa from Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995); and
- A 1:43 scale 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994).
Additionally, following a year-long hiatus, GreenLight Collectibles are once again available at Toys “R” Us Canada. The company had temporarily pulled back during the turmoil of the Toys “R” Us closure in the U.S. and subsequent ownership transition for Toys “R” Us Canada.
Toys “R” Us Canada welcomes GreenLight Muscle, Anniversary Collection, Club Vee-Dub, The Hobby Shop, Tokyo Torque, Running on Empty, Kings of Crunch, Down on the Farm, S.D. Trucks, Barrett-Jackson, All-Terrain, Hitched Homes, Mechanic’s Corner, H.D. Trucks, Hitch & Tow, Hollywood Hitch & Tow, and Multi-Car Dioramas in 1:64 scale; Hollywood in 1:43 scale; Running on Empty, Hollywood, and Hitch & Tow Trailers in 1:24 scale; and Vintage Gas Pumps in 1:18 scale.
Photo: Morgan Creek