Star Wars Day is fast-approaching (May the 4th be with You!) and while there are plenty of new items dropping for that, the Hasbro Star Wars team is looking forward to the months ahead. It’s a big year for Star Wars fans with the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, the conclusion of The Clone Wars, and a second season of The Mandalorian on the horizon. With that in mind, Hasbro has a little of something for everyone along with some fantastic exclusives.
For its first Fan First Friday (a follow-up to the recent “Fan Celebration” reveals), Hasbro Pulse debuted a massive bounty of new Star Wars toys and collectibles via Facebook Live, many of which are already available to preorder via Entertainment Earth.
Posted by Hasbro Pulse on Friday, May 1, 2020
Star Wars: The Black Series
The 6-inch scale super-articulated Black Series collection expands with a focus on The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary.
- Bounty Hunters 40th Anniversary two-pack 4-LOM and Zuckuss: Originally released in The Black Series a few years back, 4-LOM and Zuckuss return on vintage style cardbacks as part of The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary collection. The big difference here is that these now pay homage to a legendary mistake from the Kenner era: the names of these bounty hunters were erroneously switched so that 4-LOM is Zuckuss and Zuckuss is 4-LOM. A generation of kids was confused. Presented in original Kenner deco. Available exclusively at Amazon.
- Carbonized Darth Vader: Drawing from early concept art, this Empire Strikes Back version of The Dark Lord of the Sith gets the carbonized treatment with a blue hue that recalls the comic book appearances of the ’70s and ’80s. Available exclusively at Amazon.
- Han Solo (Carbonite): For the first time ever, Han Solo in Carbonite comes to the 6-inch scale on a cardback. It is a rare non-articulated figure. Available exclusively at Amazon.
- Luke Skywalker and Yoda (Jedi Training): This set corrects a pair of errors that have long-bothered collectors. For the very first time, Yoda is presented in a new sculpt that is in-scale with the rest of The Black Series (previous figures were too large). Additionally, Luke has been updated with Photo Real technology as requested in a previous Fan’s Choice poll.
- Stormtrooper: The classic A New Hope Imperial Stormtrooper gets a full update with a new sculpt. Coming this fall.
- Kamino Clone Trooper: An all-new figure based on the Kamino Clone Troopers from Attack of the Clones. Coming this fall.
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection
There was only one reveal from the line of classic 3.75-inch scale super-articulated figures, but it’s a good one.
- Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise): Previously offered only as a Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC) exclusive last year, the fan-favorite figure comes to a vintage style cardback for the first time. It’s a great companion for the Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise) figure that was available at Target last year.
Star Wars: The Black Series Role Play
- Boba Fett (Prototype Armor) Helmet: Even in his unused, white “Super Stormtrooper” prototype armor, Boba Fett remains popular all around. Cosplayers and some casual fans can suit up with this premium helmet featuring a movable rangefinder with cool LED accents.
Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child Edition Monopoly Game
The breakout star (and our winter Pop Insider cover baby) of The Mandalorian is now the focus of a new version of Monopoly! In this extra-cute edition, players move around the board while selling hideouts and common houses in a Mando-style version of the classic real estate trading game.
Finally, a new fan vote is underway! Hasbro is conducting a Star Wars: The Black Series Archive Fan Vote for fans of the brand to cast their vote to select their favorite Star Wars: The Black Series action figure to be refreshed with Photo Real deco (if applicable). The winning figure will join The Black Series Archive line. Once the polls have closed on May 8, the Hasbro Pulse website will host the final vote featuring the top 10 figures selected by the fans themselves beginning May 15.