Prop Culture is an original eight-episode series that will launch on May 1. In each episode, film historian and prop collector Dan Lanigan discovers, restores, and revisits props from Disney live-action movies with the filmmakers, actors, and crew members who created and used them — We’re talking Captain Jack Sparrow’s coat, Mary Poppins‘ carpet bag, and the stop-motion figures from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The kids from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe even reunite for tea!
The best news is that, unlike many Disney+ series, all eight episodes of Prop Culture will debut next Friday, which means you have next weekend’s binge-watch ready to go.
Here’s a breakdown of the movies Prop Culture will cover this season:
- Episode 1: Mary Poppins
- Episode 2: Tron
- Episode 3: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Episode 4: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Episode 5: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Episode 6: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Episode 7: Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Episode 8: The Muppet Movie
Check out the show’s trailer below, and tune in on Disney+ on May 1 for all of the behind-the-magic action.