The world’s largest event celebrating the Mexican art of lucha libre — and the only one held outside of Mexico — is going virtual again.
Following its first virtual convention last October, Expo Lucha Virtual returns on March 20 with another powerful dose of wrestling action that fans can experience from the comfort of home. The family-friendly event is produced by Masked Republic and FanGirl Consulting & Brand Management and seeks to bring toda la acción home with never-before-streamed matches, behind-the-scenes stories, and exclusive interviews and panels that are all available free to watch.
- Hang Ringside: Enjoy virtual front row seats to never-before-broadcast matches with the legends, icons, and superstars from every major wrestling league and promotion including Lucha Libre, AAA, CMLL, WWE, AEW, Impact Wrestling, Ring of Honor, Major League Wrestling, and more!
- Live Virtual Autograph Signings: Psychosis and Damian 666 along with Bestia 666 will sign luchador collectibles, including masks and limited edition posters live for their biggest fans.
- Inside Scoop: Virtual Panel – The Lucha Central Podcast Network series Masks, Mats & Mayhem is joined by legendary luchador, Vampiro, to talk about his meteoric rise to fame in Mexico, the global stardom he achieved in WCW, co-producing Wrestling Society X, being an integral part of Lucha Underground, and what’s next in his epic career. Fans will be able to submit questions in advance.
- Special Interview: Denise Salcedo (Wrestling Observer/Figure Four, Fightful, WrestleTalk, Collider) hosts an intimate conversation with groundbreaking luchador, Cassandro el Exótico aka “The Liberace of Lucha Libre.” From being part of a revolution that changed representation in the ring to his life story now being turned into a film starring Gael García Bernal, Cassandro will share
- Ring of Love Dating Game: Watch luchador bachelors compete for a date with a lovely bachelorette as they learn all is fair in love and lucha.
- Hot Topic — Pop Culture Wrestling Merch: Hot Topic senior buyer Joe Enriquez, Masked Republic President and COO Kevin Kleinrock, Pro Wrestling Tees founder and owner Ryan Barkan, and more discuss how wrestling merch has become pop culture from t-shirts to collectibles, including the new Funko Pop! Vinyl Marvel Lucha Libre Edition line and beyond.
- Sneak Peek: Exclusive previews of upcoming licensed products and collectibles, including the latest on the Boss Fight Studio and Legends of Lucha Libre releases!
- Expo Lucha week-only merch and exclusive offers will be revealed during the live stream and will immediately go on sale — but only while limited supplies last!
A panel of five luchadores will judge contests with winners receiving cool, custom, collectible prizes.
- Cosplay Campeonato! Fans compete for the win by submitting photos of their knockout cosplay costumes.
- Customize It: Fans can submit their own custom mask designs for a chance to have them created for real by a professional luchador mask craftsman.
- Fan-tastic Figure Fight: The best custom action figure makers go head-to-head to impress luchadores with their skills. In the end, a panel of superstars will crown one the “Champion of Custom Figures.”
All live viewers will have a chance to win a personalized outgoing voicemail message to be recorded by a Legends of Lucha Libre luchador! Details on how to enter will be revealed at the start of the event.
Join the action live as it unfolds across Lucha Central’s YouTube Channel and Expo Lucha’s Facebook Page at 10 a.m. PST on March 20. Fans can register for giveaways and submit interview questions at expolucha.com.