Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) released new Cobra Kai-inspired merch across a ton of categories to get fans excited for season two, which hit YouTube today. Most of the merch will hit Spencer’s stores (the exclusive brick-and-mortar partner) on May 6, though select products arrived earlier this week.
Spencer’s is kicking off the launch by offering a limited-edition, in-store gift with every purchase. Products feature iconic show elements, so fans will get to choose whether their allegiance is to Cobra Kai or Miyagi Dojo!
“Cobra Kai became an instant pop culture phenomenon with its debut last year, reconnecting fans to the Karate Kid brand they’ve known and loved for 35 years’” says Jamie Stevens, Sony’s EVP of worldwide consumer products. “For the Season 2 premiere, SPCP’s relationships with retailers like Spencer’s and Teespring as well as our incredible licensee network, allow us to further connect with the devoted Cobra Kai fanbase through premium products that deeply resonate with their fandom and extend the property beyond the screen.”
Online, fans can shop even more official Cobra Kai and The Karate Kid merch from the official Cobra Kai Store.
What’s new? Get excited for:
- Costumes, including karate uniforms and headbands, from Spirit Halloween and Party City;
- A craft, alcoholic IPA, from Silver Screen Bottling Co.;
- Sleepwear, headwear, hosiery, and a variety of accessories, from Bioworld Merchandise;
- T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, sleepwear, socks, and more from Active Brand Commerce, Caprice Australia, and Fifth Sun;
- Water bottles, stickers, duffle bags, and wrist and headbands from Surreal Entertainment;
- Notebooks, stationery, calendars, posters, wall art, key chains, rugs and mats, luggage accessories, and coasters from Impact Rock;
- Action figures, phone accessories, backpacks, keychains, belts and buckles, hats, and more from Funko; and
- All-new action figures inspired by the main characters from NECA.
A new partnership between SPCP and Teespring means custom merchandise will be featured directly under videos on YouTube, allowing fans to browse the range on the channel and subsequently purchase products. (And we thought buying directly from Instagram was the next big thing?! Look out IG, YouTube is coming for you!) Plus, fans can look forward to a print-on-demand program thanks to a collaboration between Fifth Sun, Amazon, and SPCP.