It’s finally here!
In the days of streaming wars and digital purchasing, there’s still something satisfying about owning physical copies of your favorite films. Now it’s time to make a little room on your Star Wars shelf and add the final film of the iconic franchise: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (I’m not crying, you’re crying).
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, from Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams, earned more than a billion dollars worldwide during its theatrical run. Fans will now have the chance to own the film in multiple ways: digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD, and via Movies Anywhere on March 17; and physically in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on March 31.
Check out the promo below!
The physical and digital releases come packed with bonus material, including a feature-length, behind-the-scenes documentary and bonus features that take an in-depth look at fan-favorite scenes from the film.
Bonus features, which may vary by retailer, include:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker;
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen;
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details;
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid;
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more, this time joined by his son Harrison;
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveals the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics, and digital magic that bring them to life; and
- The Maestro’s Finale (digital exclusive) – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
Some retailers are offering exclusive collectors’ versions of the film, including Best Buy’s The Skywalker Saga box set ($249.99, pictured above).
Want brand-new copies of the entire saga? Eight Star Wars films are also being released on March 31 in 4K UHD for the first time: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
The film is available to preorder now from major retailers, including the exclusive Target and Best Buy versions. Pop the popcorn: I am so ready to have a Star Wars marathon — from the start to the bittersweet end.