Following weeks of rumors and early leaks (see: Best Buy steelbook), Marvel Studios‘ Avengers: Endgame has an in-home release plan. The epic adventure will come to digital HD, 4K ultra HD, and Movies Anywhere on July 30, followed by a physical release on 4K ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and on-demand beginning on Aug. 13. Of course, this follows a little detour back to theaters, with screenings beginning this Friday, June 28.
The bonus features may vary by retailer, but Endgame is getting a fittingly robust set of extras across all formats, starting with a digital exclusive featurette — Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance — that explores the bond between Captain America and Peggy Carter as woven through previous films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Blu-ray & Digital Bonus Features
- Remembering Stan Lee: Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting the Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.: Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original Iron Man — launching the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America: Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel, and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes: Follow Black Widow‘s journey both within and outside of the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame: See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history… back to back!
- The Women of the MCU: MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor: His appearance has changed, but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes: “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard,” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel: Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs, and gaffes from the set.
- Visionary Intro: Watch an intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary: Hear from directors Anthony and Joe Russo and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Now, in the event that you still haven’t seen the film and somehow made it through the spoiler-heavy list of bonus features above, you can always check out our spoiler-free review of Avengers: Endgame here.