Relive the holiday season with the enchanting, magical The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, available to bring home on Digital and Blu-ray on January 29.
Disney dazzled fans with The Nutcracker-inspired film adventure, based on E.T.A. Hoffman’s classic tale, following 14-year-old Clara (Mackenzie Foy) to a mysterious land. The film takes her to a new world featuring performances from dancer Misty Copeland, and plenty of sweets, snowflakes, soldiers, and surprises. Fans can relive the magic of the movie at home, while also enjoying exclusive bonus features, never-before-seen extras, and deleted scenes.
In The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Clara travels along a golden thread, presented at Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual Christmas party, searching for a key to unlock a music box that holds a special treasure. Along the way, she enters a parallel world and meets Nutcracker soldiers, a gang of mice, and the Sugar Plum Fairy (Keira Knightley) along the way. Clara must embrace her inner heroine to journey through the ominous Fourth Realm to retrieve the key and return harmony to the mysterious world.
The feature film will be packaged and released in different formats, for viewers of all ages to watch on a variety of different devices. The film will be available to watch immediately with Digital UHD, HD, and SD, and fans can bring home a physical copy DVD with the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (4K UHD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Code), or a single DVD.
New features include a discussion with American Ballet Theatre’s Copeland about her role as Ballerina Princess, her history with the ballet, and her inspirational dance journey. DVD extras take viewers behind-the-scenes on set to meet the characters and discover how the magical worlds were created. The different versions to bring home include exclusive bonus features.
- On Pointe: A Conversation with Misty Copeland: ABT ballet dancer Copeland shares the joy of portraying one of her favorite characters from The Nutcracker in a new, exciting way.
- Unwrapping The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: Fans can explore the production design, sets, and costumes that helped to transform the classic tale into an adventurous film.
- Deleted Scenes:
- The Stahlbaums Arrive: As the Stahlbaums enter the Christmas Eve ball, the butler attempts to announce them to the party guests.
- Follow Your Ribbon: Drosselmeyer encourages a reluctant Clara to find her special gift.
- Clara Asks About Her Mother: The Sugar Plum Fairy gives Clara a tour of her mother’s bedroom.
- Left, Left, Left, Left, Left: While lost in the forest, the palace guards, Cavalier and Harlequin, bicker about directions.
- Out with the Old: Sugar Plum Fairty makes grand changes to the palace decor.
- Music Videos:
- “Fall on Me:” Performed by Andrea Bocelli and featuring Matteo Bocelli, fans can experience the acclaimed tenor and his son Matteo perform their first duet together.
- “The Nutcracker Suite:” As performed by Lang Lang, the renowned pianist plays the Tchaikovsky melody alongside magical images from the film.
- Unwrapped: The Visual Effects of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: Viewers can watch a reel that explores the different visual effects used in film sequences.