Originally published July 15. Updated: July 20, 2022 – 11:41 am ET
After two years of virtual-only versions of the biggest fan convention of the year, Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC) is heading back to its full, in-person capacity. (But with everyone wearing masks, not just the cosplayers!)
Here at the Pop Insider, we’re all about the merch, and so is the show floor at SDCC! Over the past few weeks, announcements about convention-exclusive products have been hitting nonstop. While it’s not possible to round up every exclusive coming to this year’s show, we’re doing our best to round up the highlights and where to get more info about what your favorite merch makers are bringing to San Diego! Keep scrolling for all the details. And we’ll keep adding to this post, so keep checking back!
MATTEL (BOOTH NO. 3029 and 2945)
On the first day of fandom, Mattel gave to me… A Jurassic Park Dino you must see!
Mattel is in the midst of another year of its “12 Days of Fandom” event, which offers daily reveals of new, SDCC-exclusive products. These items will be available at Mattel’s booth and for a limited time on mattelcreations.com starting on July 22. Visit this post to see a full recap of this year’s exclusives, which include a Hot Wheels Razor Crest, a MOTU two-pack, and more.
FUNKO (BOOTH NO. 5241, 5137, and 5145)
Funko is marking the in-person return to SDCC with a massive, multi-booth experience called Funkoville. Within that expansive booth, fans will find some of Comic-Con’s most sought-after (and hardest to get!) exclusives. Funko revealed dozens of exclusive Pop! and soda figures for the event. You can see them all — and get info about how to get your hands on one! — by checking out our Funko-specific roundup post!
HASBRO (BOOTH NO. 3213)
Hasbro will offer two SDCC exclusive items this year — a Star Wars The Black Series Boba Fett (in disguise) action figure and G.I. JOE Classified Series Dr. Mindbender figure — but they won’t be for sale at the booth. Instead, collectors can stop by to get a single-use code that they can scan to preorder the exclusives from Hasbro Pulse.
Hasbro will also be previewing a variety of new products through panels and booth displays at the show: Click here to get a more in-depth recap of Hasbro’s SDCC plans.
THE LOYAL SUBJECTS (BOOTH NO. 2544)
The Loyal Subjects (TLS) is plotting its biggest SDCC presence ever, complete with exclusive toys and collectibles, sneak previews, content demos, and two special signings at its booth on Friday, July 22. Topps Garbage Pail Kids artist Joe Simko will be signing at 2 p.m. while Kevin Eastman, co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be signing between 4:30-5:30 p.m.
TLS’ product lineup for SDCC 2022 includes the following:
- TMNT BST AXN Casey Jones Skull Face Glow-in-the-Dark 5-inch Figure
- TMNT BST AXN Bebop & Rocksteady Arcade Flashing 2-Pack 5-inch Figures
- TMNT BST AXN Foot Soldier Midnight Shadow Villain 5-inch Figure
- TMNT BST AXN Bebop & Rocksteady Arcade Damage 2-Pack 5-inch Figures
- TMNT BST AXN Midnight Shadow Turtles 4-Pack
- TMNT BST AXN Shredder and Elite Foot Soldier Shadow Villains 2-Pack
- Avatar: TLAB BST AXN Sokka War Paint
- Avatar: TLAB BST AXN Aang Spirit
- GPK Mashup Stranger Things WaffELLE Glow-in-the-Dark Snot
- GPK Mashup Stranger Things Demo GORDON Glow-in-the-Dark Slime
- Marvel Superama Spider-Man Metallic
- Marvel Superama Groot Glow-in-the-Dark
- Marvel Superama Thor Odin Force Black Light
Limited quantities of each item will be available at either the TLS booth or through select retail partners. Visit the booth for more details and purchase options. Select items will only be available for purchase using a QR code at the event. Visit theloyalsubjects.com for more. info.
CRYPTOZOIC (BOOTH NO. 115)
Cryptozoic is bringing three exclusives to this year’s show:
- Cryptkins Unleashed Luna Mothman
- Batarang Black & Gold Edition Life-Sized Statue
- Golden Goddess Harley Quinn The Suicide Squad Movie Collectible
A limited quantity of each collectible were available to preorder at cryptozic.com earlier this month, but these items are now only available at the Cryptozoic booth on the show floor. You can get a closer look at the three exclusives here, and visit the official Cryptozoic blog for a look at the selection of new products that will be on display at the show, including a variety of Crytptkins, DC, and Lord of the Rings items.
TOYNK (VARIOUS BOOTHS)
Fandom retailer and merch maker Toynk has TONS of exclusives heading to this year’s show, spread across nearly half a dozen booths. Highlights include limited-edition collectible pins, some awesome Marvel prop replicas, and some Geeki Tiki mugs that aren’t con exclusives but will be debuting there. Fans can visit toynk.com to get a full rundown of the dozens of exclusives and where to find them.
DIAMOND SELECT TOYS (BOOTH 2607)
Diamond Select Toys and Gentle Giant will have quite a few exclusives available at this year’s SDCC, including:
- Bruce Lee, John Wick, and Cobra Kai VHS-packaged action figures
- Spider-Sense Spider-Man Animated Mini-Bust
- X-Force Nightcrawler Animated-Style Statue
- Legends in 3D First Order Officer 1:2-Scale Bust
- AEW VInimates 2-Pack
- Boba Fett Premier Collection Statue (pre-order only)
Many of these exclusives (and a few additional, online-only exclusives) are available to preorder now from Diamond Select Toys and Gentle Giant. The company’s booth will also provide a first look at a variety of upcoming collectibles.
RSVLTS (LUCASFILM PAVILION: 2913-L)
The Force is strong with RSVLTS’ exclusives at this year’s SDCC. The company will off four show-exclusive shirts, one for each day of the show:
Thursday 7/21: Layers of Tatooine — This shirt features scenes of the iconic double-mooned planet
Friday 7/22: Peli Motto — This button-down features the engineer-turned babysitter with her gang of droids and Grogu
Saturday 7/23: Rancor — Boba Fett rides his Rancor friend into battle on this patterned button-down shirt.
Sunday 7/24: Boba’s Debut (alt purple colorway) — This shirt is an alternative colorway of RSVLT’s previous shirt of the same name, offering an homage to Boba Fett’s introduction in the Star Wars universe.
These shirts will only be available at the convention and will cost $70 each.
MONOGRAM INTERNATIONAL (BOOTH 3645)
As usual, Monogram is bringing a healthy dose of adorable to SDCC with a variety of bag clip sets and lanyard + pin sets. The company is offering items for fandoms ranging from Ted Lasso to Demon Slayer — There’s even a Godzilla x Cup Noodles crossover! Click here for our more detailed look at Monogram’s exclusives.
SUPER7 (BOOTH 2543)
Super7 is returning to SDCC with a bunch of retro-themed exclusives. The full lineup includes:
- ThunderCats ULTIMATES! Lion-O (Hook Mountain Ice)
- Beavis And Butt-Head Great Cornholio ReAction Box Set
- Spongebob SquarePants ReAction Figure BFF Glitter 2-Pack
- Neon Jem & The Holograms With Throwback Box Packaging
- My Pet Monster Pastel Glow
- Toho Reaction Wave 1 (Glow) Godzilla 54, Jet Jaguar & Mechagodzilla
- Shogun Godzilla ULTIMATES!
- Shogun Godzilla Glow ULTIMATES!
- Universal Monsters Creature From The Black Lagoon Glow
- The Worst ReAction Retro Glow Killer Bat, King Hell, X1 & X2
A couple of these collectibles will be available for preorder from Super7, including the Shogun Godzilla and Shogun Godzilla Glow ULTIMATES! figures. Visit the Super7 blog for a closer look at the con exclusives and visit the Super7 booth at SDCC to get your hands on these limited-edition items.
NICKELODEON (BOOTH 4113)
Nickelodeon has some hot new exclusives that it’s bringing to the show floor. These offerings celebrate some fan-favorite Nick characters and shows, including Rugrats, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and SpongeBob SquarePants. The full lineup includes:
- ’90s Nickelodeon Backpack
- Rugrats Chuckie Finster Fanny Pack
- SpongeBob SquarePants Bikini Bottom Bus Pencil Case
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Youtooz Aang Vinyl Figure
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Disliz Aang Watch
- Nickelodeon x San Diego Comic-Con 2022 Tote Bag
- Nickelodeon x San Diego Comic-Con 2022 Pins
Fans can shop all of these con exclusives only at the Nickelodeon booth at SDCC.
ENTERTAINMENT EARTH (BOOTH 2343)
Entertainment Earth is once again returning to SDCC, partnering with brands including Hasbro, Funko, and McFarlane Toys. Fans can shop exclusive merch from Marvel, Star Wars, Hot Wheels, Jurassic Park, Demon Slayer, Beetlejuice, DC Comics, Dexter: New Blood, WWE, Fortnite, and more. Highlights include a Beetlejuice Geeki Tiki Mug, a WWE Wrestlemania Bianca Belair Lips Wallet, and a Naruto Pop! by Loungefly Mini-Backpack. Fans can visit Entertainment Earth’s SDCC hub for more details and to preorder these hot exclusives.