The first Godzilla film may have been released 65 years ago, but this year will mark the King of the Monsters’ first time at Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC), taking place from July 18-21 at the San Diego Convention Center.
It’s a big year for the legendary monster: The latest film in the franchise, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, hit a box office milestone, bringing in $100 million domestically; and now, parent company Toho is taking it on the road. Toho will have the first dedicated Godzilla booth at SDCC, featuring a slate of activities including:
- A green screen photo booth for unique social posts (#Godzilla65);
- A live mural painting by famed Godzilla artist Shinji Nishikawa;
- The actual suit used in Godzilla 2000;
- Props from films throughout the franchise’s history;
- SDCC-exclusive Godzilla products; and
- Giveaways and photo opportunities.
Head to booth No. 3535 for alllll the Godzilla!
Photo: Warner Bros.