This weekend, collectors, geeks, and cosplayers around the world will flock to Anaheim, California, for Comic-Con International’s slightly smaller — but certainly no less epic — comic convention, WonderCon. For the first time since 2019, the event will be taking place in-person at the Anaheim Convention Center from April 1-3, with more than 400 exhibitors lined up. Registration for the event is still open, with single-day badge prices ranging from $35-55 and three-day badges priced at $120. Fans can register online and check out badge pick-up times, which are offered at various points throughout the three-day event.
We have updates on some of your favorite collectibles companies and what they are bringing to the show. Keep scrolling for an inside look at what Jakks Pacific, Funko, Cryptozoic, and Bandai have in store for this weekend’s festivities. And stay tuned — we will keep this post updated as additional info is announced!
Leading toy manufacturer Jakks Pacific and its costume design subsidiary Disguise Inc. are laying it all out on the table this WonderCon. In room No. 213 CD on Friday, April 1, from 5-6 p.m. PT, fans can enjoy a preview of upcoming toy and collectible releases across the company’s beloved brands, including Nintendo, Sonic the Hedgehog, and APEX Legends. Disguise will also be displaying its newest line of costumes set to hit retail this fall. From inflatables to adaptive options, there are plenty of innovative styles to choose from. (And no, it’s never too early to start planning for Halloween!) Fans will be treated to a Q&A with members of the Disguise development team, so start drafting fashion-forward questions, WonderCon attendees.
Funko invites all WonderCon attendees to hang loose at its Freddy’s Beach Bash booth. Fans can catch a wave with the brand’s official mascot, Freddy Funko, and enjoy a host of seaside games and giveaways! We’re expecting a high tide this weekend with a range of exclusive Funko figures and merchandise featuring characters from Disney, Marvel, and more. Grab all of the details at funko.com and prepare for some fandom fun!
Wishing on a star for an exclusive collectible? The Cryptozoic cosmos have answered, bestowing us earthlings with a limited-edition Cosmic Unicorn. Hailed from a far-away constellation, the Cosmic Unicorn is the latest addition to Cryptozoic’s Cosmic Cryptkins variant series, which draws inspiration from mythical creatures and folklore. Featuring translucent, violet paint and a glitter finish, there are only 300 Cosmic Unicorns available for purchase; all of which must be purchased in person at WonderCon. Located at Booth No. 1337, the Cosmic Unicorn Cryptkins Unleashed vinyl figure will be priced at $24.99.
To celebrate WonderCon’s return to Anaheim — which is also home to the company’s headquarters — Bandai Namco (Bluefin) is set to stage its largest-ever exhibit at the event. With multiple booths encompassing thousands of square feet, Bandai’s exposition will feature its Tamashii Nations, Bandai Hobby, Shokugan, MegaHouse, Blitzway, Storm Collectibles, Nanoblock, and Studio Ghibli brands. The complete list of displays for each brand includes:
- Tamashii Nations (Booth No. 1101)
- A large-scale Statues & Display Collection featuring characters from popular anime franchises including Dragon Ball, Naruto Shippuden, and Gundam.
- Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero S.H. Figuarts Display showcasing all four action figures (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Piccolo) from the new S.H. Figuarts series based on Toei Animation’s upcoming new movie Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.
- Gundam Universe Wave6 and Wave7 Display showcasing all six new Mobile Suit Gundam Series action figures revealed in Gundam Universe’s Wave6 (GN-001 Gundam Exia, ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam, and XXXG-01H Gundam Heavyarms) and Wave7 (MSN-04 Sazabi, GF13-001 NHII Master Gundam, and XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam).
- Naruto Shippuden S.H.Figuarts Display showcasing all three action figures (Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno) from the new S.H.Figuarts series based on Shonen Jump’s Naruto Shippuden.
- Megahouse (Booth No. 1101)
- Special Prototype Display with figures from Machine Robo
- Storm Collectibles (Booth No. 1101)
- World-First product displays showcasing new figures from Mortal Kombat, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear, and King Fighters ‘98
- Buy any two figures and receive a free Kait Diaz figure and Storm Collectibles pin.
- Blitzway (Booth No. 1101)
- First-ever product display in North America of Voltron 5Pro Studio CARBOTIX Series
- Nanoblock (Booth No. 1001)
- Studio Ghibli (Booth No. 1001)
- Giant Totoro Bus Stop Display photo opportunity featuring the iconic scene from My Neighbor Totoro. Fans can share their photos with the tag #GhibliBooth.
- Every purchase of $30 or more receives a free Studio Ghibli canvas bag