According to GameStop, these games had the highest number of customer preorders worldwide.
“Video games are in our DNA and as the top retailer in gaming, we have the data and inside track to forecast and understand what consumers really want to play,” Eric Bright, VP of merchandising for GameStop, said in a statement. “As evident from E3, the gaming industry continues to grow, and we’re right in the middle of a hot category where our 40,000 plus store associates will be helping customers access their favorite video games.”
Out of more than 200 new titles announced at E3 two weeks ago, here are gamers’ top 10 choices.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (expected release Oct. 25)
- Pokémon Sword and Shield (expected release Nov. 11)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (expected release March 3, 2020)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (expected release April 16, 2020)
- Borderlands 3 (expected release Sept. 13)
- Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch (expected release Sept. 20)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (expected release Nov. 15)
- Gears of War 5 (expected release Sept. 6)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (expected release June 28)
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (expected release June 21)
More than 66,000 people attended E3 this year, while millions worldwide live-streamed video game reveals during the con. GameStop saw a 63% increase in preorders on the new titles announced during the show.