Happy Birthday, Lara Croft!
Crystal Dynamics, developer of the Tomb Raider video game franchise, is collaborating with Girls Make Games to encourage girls to participate in the game development industry and continue Tomb Raider’s 25th-anniversary celebration, which kicked off last year.
Fans can purchase a complete set of 15 prints featuring reimagined Tomb Raider box art from artists all over the world. This art was released throughout last year as part of the ongoing anniversary celebration. The art prints offer a fresh take on the box art from each title in this iconic gaming series, featuring diverse styles and creative freedom for the artists.
The new box art for the original Tomb Raider game, for example, was created by Crystal Dynamics Art Director Brenoch Adams. He updated the design to encompass the practicality of Lara Croft’s character while remaining faithful to her wardrobe. Laura H. Rubin’s design for Tomb Raider: Underworld, meanwhile, still uses light and shadow to invoke the tone of the game. Her reimagining captures the characters of Lara Croft and her doppelgänger in a side-by-side comparison.
Check out a list of participating artists (with links to their biographies) below:
- Tomb Raider: Brenoch Adams
- Tomb Raider II: Babs Tarr
- Tomb Raider III: Paul Kwon
- Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation: Andy Park
- Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Megan Lara
- Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness: Stephanie Rew
- Tomb Raider: Legend: Nagu
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Brenoch Adams
- Tomb Raider: Underworld: Laura H. Rubin
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: Monster Draw
- Tomb Raider (2013): Yoshitaka Amano
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris: Adam Hughes
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: Akihiko Yoshida
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Ross Tran/Ross Draws
- Tomb Raider: Reloaded: Melanie Herrmann
This limited-edition print set is available to preorder exclusively at the Square Enix store for $49.99. All proceeds from the box art set will go to Girls Make Games to support the next generation of women in the game development industry.