While this year hasn’t been too hot, wrestling fans have something to look forward to as Expo Lucha goes virtual to heat up the fall and bring home toda la acción!
That’s right, following a COVID-19-related detour that took out this summer’s planned live event in Philadelphia, the world’s largest event celebrating the art of lucha libre — and the only one held outside of Mexico — will go live on Oct. 10, streaming incredible interactive content and experiences to fans around the world.
Expo Lucha Virtual is produced by Masked Republic and FanGirl Consulting & Brand Management with sponsorship from Boss Fight Studio, makers of the new fantastic new Legends of Lucha Libre action figure collection.
Check out the lineup for Expo Lucha Virtual below!
- Hang Ringside: Enjoy virtual front row seats to never-before-broadcast matches with the legends, icons, and superstars from every major wrestling league and promotion including Lucha Libre, AAA, CMLL, WWE, AEW, Impact Wrestling, Ring of Honor, Major League Wrestling, and more!
- Exclusive Interview: Meet the powerhouse team behind Masked Republic, founders of Expo Lucha & Legends of Lucha Libre.
- Inside Scoop: Virtual Panel – Watch as Lucha Central Podcast Network series Masks, Mats & Mayhem is joined by legendary luchador, writer, producer, and power broker, Konnan, for a candid discussion of what went on behind the scenes with Lucha Underground, the groundbreaking series produced by filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids, From Dusk Till Dawn) and Mark Burnett (The Apprentice, Survivor). Fans will be able to submit questions in advance and select questions will be answered.
- Game On: The Lucha Central Gaming Network presents the ultimate gaming challenge where luchadores go mano a mano with some of Mexico’s top gamers. Experience a full immersion gaming throw down up close and personal with your favorite luchadores!
- Sneak Peek: Get exclusive previews of upcoming licensed products, collectibles, and major news on which luchadores are joining Masked Republic’s Legends of Lucha Libre roster!
A panel of five luchadores will judge these live streaming contests with cool, custom, collectible prizes and the chance for one lucky fan to win a personalized outgoing voicemail message recorded by a luchador.
- Cosplay Campeonato! Fans compete for the win by submitting photos of their knockout cosplay costumes.
- Customize It: Fans can submit their own custom mask designs for a chance to have them created for real by a professional luchador mask craftsman. Sponsored by Boss Fight Studio’s Legends of Lucha Libre Mini Mascaras.
- Fan-tastic Figure Fight: The best custom figure makers go head-to-head to impress luchadores with their skills and a panel of superstars will crown one Champion of Custom Figures.
In the meantime, check out some highlights of last year’s epic Expo Lucha San Diego and think about what could be when live events return in a post-pandemic world.