Having people over for the Game of Thrones finale? Pop Insider Associate Editor Maddie Michalik stopped by Better Connecticut to show off the gear you need to throw a killer Game of Thrones watch party. For more on the products featured in this segment, check out the product notes below.
- There’s no bigger power trip than demanding that someone swear their allegiance to you. Demand your houseguest’s loyalty before welcoming them to your hearth.
- Depending on your will, this Game of Thrones Bend the Knee doormat could be less of a decoration than an order.
- Remember, every person who swears fealty to you grows your domain. Your reach could continue to expand until all of Westeros is yours. Even the Iron Throne.
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: ThinkGeek.com
A FEAST OF ICE & FIRE: THE OFFICIAL COMPANION COOKBOOK (PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE)
- These easy-to-follow recipes have been refined for modern cooking techniques, but adventurous eaters can also attempt the authentic medieval meals that inspired them.
- The authors have also suggested substitutions for some of the more fantastical ingredients, so you won’t have to stock your kitchen with camel, live doves, or dragon eggs to create meals fit for a king (or a khaleesi).
- In all, A Feast of Ice and Fire contains more than 100 recipes, divided by region: The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge; The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples; The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister’s Stew; Blueberry Tarts; King’s Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey; Dorne: Stuffed Grape Leaves; Duck with Lemons; Chickpea Paste; Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts.
- There’s even a guide to dining and entertaining in the style of the Seven Kingdoms.
- The book includes passages from all five books in the series and full-color photographs guaranteed to whet your appetite, and a foreword by George R.R. Martin.
- MSRP: $35
- Available: Amazon, Walmart, Target, Barnes & Noble
HOUSE APRON AND OVEN MITT SET FROM GAME OF THRONES (HBO)
- Prepare a meal of fire and blood with this House Apron Oven Mitt Set inspired by the HBO series Game of Thrones.
- This set comes with a black fabric apron, made of 55% polyester and 45% cotton, and matching oven mitts.
- They feature the series logo at the top and the House sigil in the bottom right corner.
- This set is complete with a black and red oven mitt with a red three-headed dragon in the corner, and quilted padding for insulation.
- MSRP: $14.95
- Available: shop.hbo.com
UD X GAME OF THRONES EYESHADOW PALETTE (URBAN DECAY)
- From the shores of Dragonstone to the frozen lands beyond the Wall, this eyeshadow palette was inspired by our favorite places in Westeros and the strong women of the Seven Kingdoms.
- Use this arsenal of 20 shades to declare your allegiance to House Targaryen, House Lannister, House Stark, or to defeat the White Walkers.
- Jewel tones and earthy neutrals give way to dark metallics and frosty shimmers, all of which can be customized with four transformer shades.
- Prepare for battle with Stormborn, a glittery metallic purple, and unwind with Lannister Red, a matte reddish brown.
- Choose your look and claim your rightful place on the Iron Throne.
- Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.
- MSRP: $65
- Available: UrbanDecay.com, Ulta Beauty, Sephora
- This exclusive set of table runners straight outta Westeros!
- Each one features the colors and sigil of a different Game of Thrones House – Stark, Targaryen, or Lannister – so you can make your family feel like royalty..
- Seat yourself at the table for the House you think deserves the Iron Throne, and hope that none of the other tables rise up to march against you.
- After all, there ain’t no dinner party like a Westerosi dinner party… because their parties typically end in murder.
- By comparison, your get-togethers will be a smashing success no matter what!
- There is one for each house: House Stark, House Targaryen, and House Lannister.
- MSRP: $64.99
- Available: ThinkGeek
OMMEGANG ROYAL RESERVE COLLECTION (OMMEGANG)
- This gift set includes four beers, including Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Mother of Dragons, Hand of the Queen, and King of the North, and a collectible GoT chalice.
- Inspired by Jon Snow, this barrel-aged Imperial Stout is brewed to sustain a leader through a long, dark night.
- King In The North, a beer brewed for Jon Snow, is the fourth and final beer in this year’s Royal Reserve Collection, a series of four limited release beers, each designed and brewed as an homage to one of four epic figures engaged in the battle for the Seven Kingdoms.
- Brewed To sustain a leader through a long, dark night, King In The North is a barrel-aged imperial stout.
- Mother of Dragons, a beer brewed for Daenerys Targaryen, is the third beer in this year’s Royal Reserve Collection, a series of four limited release beers, each designed and brewed as an homage to one of four epic figures engaged in the battle for the Seven Kingdoms.
- Brewed and blended for a leader who takes what is hers with fire and blood, Mother of Dragons is a blend of a smoked porter and a Belgian kriek, representing the smoke and fire that Daenerys has unleashed on her opponents.
- Ages: 21+
- Msrp: $19.95
- Available: Select Liquor Stores
WHAT DO YOU MEME? GAME OF THRONES PACK (WHAT DO YOU MEME?)
- Winter is here! Kick off your GoT viewing party with a fun game of What Do You Meme?
- This binge-worthy expansion pack gives players the chance to meme Cersei, Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and all their favorite Game of Thrones characters.
- The expansion pack includes 75 photo cards to be added to the core game.
- Match images from Game of Thrones to funny meme slogans, and vote on who’s the best!
- MSRP: $12.99
- Available: Amazon, WhatDoYouMeme.com
CLUE: GAME OF THRONES (USAOPOLY)
- High treachery and betrayal are behind the two mysteries to solve in Game of Thrones Clue.
- Featuring a double-sided game board, players choose to solve the murder mystery in The Red Keep or in Meereen.
- WHO was responsible for plotting the murder? WHAT weapon was used and WHERE did the crime take place?
- Age: 18+
- MSRP: $49.95
- Available: Amazon, Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Hot Topic
- RISK: Game of Thrones Edition Game escalates Risk, the classic game of strategic conquest, to an epic level of chaos and war in a battle for the Iron Throne.
- Featuring striking game packaging, two custom-designed game boards, three ways to play, seven finely sculpted armies, and more than 650 total pieces, this game of strategic conquest will test the wits and bravery of both Risk and Game of Thrones fans.
- So, ready your swords for battle as you vie for domination of the Seven Kingdoms and beyond, because in RISK: Game of Thrones Edition Game only one victor can sit on the Iron Throne.
- MSRP: $74.95
- Available: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target