Are you pumped for New York Comic Con 2019? Pop Insider Senior Editor Maddie Michalik stopped by WNBC’s Today in New York to give a preview of this year’s Comic Con, as well as some exclusive products that you can find at this year’s Con. For more on the products featured in this segment, check out the product notes below.
ALEX ROSS MARVEL LITHOGRAPHS (ALEX ROSS ART)
- Considered one of the greatest artists in the field of comic books, Alex Ross has revitalized classic superheroes into works of fine art with his brilliant use of gouache paint.
- By building on the foundation of the great artists who came before him — Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, John Romita, Neal Adams, George Perez, and others — Ross’s paintings have revolutionized the comic book industry and transcended the newsstand origins of his profession.
- The Marvelocity: Heroes and Foes Limited Edition Signed Lithograph, which has an edition size of 175, is a compilation of illustrations from the long-awaited Marvel Comics retrospective art book, Marvelocity, by Alex Ross and writer Chip Kidd and comes with more than 50 never-been-published sketches, paintings, photographs, working models, preparatory art, and a 14-panel portfolio gallery of Marvel’s most beloved characters.
- The Assemble Limited Edition Signed Lithograph, which has an edition size of 195 is a dynamic illustration by Alex Ross celebrating Marvel’s Avengers, and includes many original members: Black Panther, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man, Wasp, Thor, Scarlet Witch, The Vision and Giant Man.
- The Visions: Captain America Limited Edition Matted Lithograph (Unsigned), which has an edition size of 250, is an illustration by Alex Ross created as an alternate cover of the comic Captain America #34 and dynamically renders Captain America’s intense gaze in a portrait.
- MSRP: Marvelocity: Heroes and Foes Limited Edition Signed Lithograph-$225; Assemble Limited Edition Signed Lithograph-$325; The Visions: Captain America Limited Edition Matted Lithograph (Unsigned)-$50
- Booth: 2036
GHOSTBUSTERS SCARED MR. STAY PUFT ACTION FIGURE (GENTLE GIANT STUDIOS)
- New York City welcomes back the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, this time as an exclusive 8-inch action figure.
- Only available at New York Comic-Con 2019, this fully articulated figure features an exclusive “scared” expression, as if he is about to toasted by the Ghostbusters.
- The figure is limited to only 500 pieces.
- It comes packaged in a full-color window box with a fifth-panel door
- The figure is designed by Yuri Tming and sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios.
- MSRP: $20
- Booth: 1644
KIDROBOT X SANRIO 3″ HELLO KITTY UNICORN CHROME (KIDROBOT)
- How rare is a unicorn?
- Well, if it’s Hello Kitty Unicorn — it’s both rare and exclusive.
- If we’ve learned anything from Hello Kitty from her recent Kidrobot figures, it’s that she loves to dress up and looks amazing in every costume she dons.
- Hello Kitty Unicorn stands at 3-inches of chrome cuteness.
- Limited to 1000 pieces.
- MSRP: $20
- Booth: #110
- Yub nub! Hang out with your new fuzzy friends!
- Wear your fandom with the burgundy sweatshirt from the animated Star Wars series, Ewoks. Features Wicket, Princess Kneesaa, Teebo and Latara.
- The green tee from the animated Star Wars series, Ewoks, features Wicket peeking out on the front left chest in a circular graphic with “Yub Nub” text design. The back has a forest design with Ewoks hang gliding and Wicket casually leaning on an “Ewoks” text design.
- Wicket’s ready to get into mischief with you! Thelong-sleeved tee from the animated Star Warsseries features Wicket in a circular graphic in the center with the title Ewoks underneath. Printed down the left sleeve is “Yub nub” in rounded yellow and brown text.
- MSRP: $28.90-44.90
- Available: heruniverse.com, boxluch.com
POP CULTURE-THEMED BACKPACKS (ENTERTAINMENT EARTH)
- Probably one of the most important thing you need for the con is gear to carry all of your stuff! Throw in other essentials, like snacks, tissues, and more!
- Featuring an iconic Space Invaders design, including classic alien enemy ships and the Space Invaders logo, this Space Invaders Pop Up Backpack is a perfect little space saver when on the go. Makes a great gift for gamers too!
- Show off your Disney pride with this Lilo & Stitch and Scrump Floral Mini Backpack! Made of faux leather, the bag has 2x straps, a handle, zippered compartments, and side pockets.
- Flaunt your intergalactic style with this fantastic Star Wars Jabba’s Palace Print Nylon Backpack and Pencil Case Set – Entertainment Earth Exclusive! Made of printed nylon, it features a ton of well-known characters in the design, from Jabba the Hutt and Salacious Crumb to Leia and Jawas. The backpack also sports an interior laptop pocket, an outside pocket, a handle, and straps.
- MSRP: $14.99-61.00
- Available: Entertainment Earth