The Walking Dead fans always come out in full force for any event, and now it’s time for the big kahuna. AMC released its full schedule for Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC) this year, and it’s full of zombie goodness. The cast and producers of TWD, Fear the Walking Dead, and Preacher are returning to SDCC this year. There will also be the SDCC debut of the new series NOS4A2 and The Terror: Infamy, plus ample opportunities for fellow zombies to get together for several fan events. Check it out below.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
Fear the Walking Dead panel, noon-1 p.m., Hall H
Panelists include cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Danay Garcia, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Rubén Blades, and Karen David, along with The Walking Dead universe Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple; showrunners and executive producers Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg; executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, and Greg Nicotero; and director and co-executive producer Michael Satrazemis. Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick will moderate the panel.
The Walking Dead panel, 1-2 p.m., Hall H
Panelists include cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, Ryan Hurst, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Avi Nash, Nadia Hilker, Eleanor Matsuura, and Cailey Fleming, along with The Walking Dead universe Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple; showrunner and executive producer Angela Kang; executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, and Greg Nicotero. Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick will moderate the panel.
Preacher panel, 7-8 p.m., Hall H
Panelists include executive producer Seth Rogen and cast members Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Graham McTavish, and Mark Harelik. IGN’s Editor-in-Chief of Entertainment Terri Schwartz will moderate the panel.
The Terror: Infamy panel, 4:45 p.m.-5:35 p.m., Room 6A
Panelists include cast members Derek Mio, George Takei, Kiki Sukezane, and Cristina Rodlo, along with co-creators and executive producers Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein. Indiewire Senior Editor Hanh Nguyen will moderate.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
NOS4A2 panel, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Room 6A.
Panelists include cast members Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings, along with showrunner and executive producer Jami O’Brien, and author and executive producer Joe Hill. Entertainment Weekly Senior Writer Clark Collis will moderate.
AMC will also take part in activations, partnerships, and fan activities around San Diego as follows:
- DeadQuarters, the official fan zone of The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, will feature a curated walk through of settings from both series, including the Winter Escape from the season nine finale of TWD, as well as an elaborate treehouse and plane crash site inspired by the season five storylines in Fear. Fans can pre-register here to beat the lines. Located on Martin Luther King Promenade in front of the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel (4th Avenue and L Street, across from the Convention Center), DeadQuarters will open to the public Thursday, July 18 through Saturday, July 20 from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m., and on Sunday, July 21 from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.;
- AMC is partnering with Feeding America and encouraging DeadQuarters visitors to donate canned foods throughout Comic-Con weekend to benefit the organization’s local chapter, Feeding San Diego. Donors will receive an exclusive Hilltop Token, which can be used to unlock special deals on food, retail, and entertainment around San Diego. For more info and to support Feeding San Diego, click here;
- AMC is inviting fans of TWD to dress as walkers for an official Walker Horde moment at Petco Park on Saturday, July 20, with doors opening at 9 a.m. Attendees will help recreate a walker scene for a photo that will be part of an official marketing campaign for TWD’s 10th season. Fans can register at amc.com/horde; and
- Ahead of the fall release of the VR game, The Walking Dead Onslaught, AMC and gaming studio Survios will host demos at DeadQuarters to give Comic-Con attendees the chance to step into the shoes of their favorite survivors and get an exclusive sneak peek of the game.
Additional TWD gaming activities at DeadQuarters include:
- Next Games will hold auditions for their “Become a Hero” contest. Fans can film their best hero poses from the series for a chance to transform into a playable character in the location-based AR mobile game, The Walking Dead: Our World; and
- Fans can test their luck with FTX Games’ The Walking Dead: Slots, a virtual slot machine on a 65-inch screen. Players will get three spins for a chance to make it to the top of the leaderboard and win a year’s subscription to The Walking Dead Supply Drop — and every player will receive a scratch-off card to win in-game coins. FTX will also demo their upcoming puzzle battle role-playing game, The Walking Dead: Outbreak.